Most people and organisations have the best of intentions when it comes to Diversity and Inclusion. They not only want to do the right thing, but they also understand how compelling the business case is.
And yet, the pace of change can be slower than we’d hope.
This course will cover the basics and help you get started on the journey, showcasing best practice and giving the confidence and know-how to adapt the best ideas to your own organisation.
You will leave this course with a renewed sense of purpose, as well as details on what to do, how to do it, and how to get others on board.
What you'll learn
- What is really meant by the terms Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I), why they matter and who benefits from it
- What UK law says about Diversity & Inclusion (and what it doesn’t)
- The language you need to get buy-in and make the case for a focus on ED&I within your organisation
- The difference between an ED&I policy and a strategy and whether you even need them
- The crucial elements of an ED&I policy and a strategy that you can’t live without
- How to build an ED&I policy and/or strategy and get it accepted within your organisation
- Who is responsible for delivering on D&I objectives and how will progress be measured