So many of us have to present reports, updates, business cases or change briefings to colleagues, senior teams and boards. We have all had the experience of sitting through boring virtual presentations but can sometimes find it a struggle to know how to put our topic over in an exciting way when many people in our audience are staring at screens for hours on end.
Many of us can fall into the trap of speaking too fast or losing track of what we want to say when we are trying to present efficiently. Unfortunately, we can easily end up losing our audience’s attention. Using ideas from some of the world’s best presenters, this course will help you deliver a wide range of effective online presentations in a way that adds a personal touch and keeps you and your audience engaged for your whole virtual presentation.
You will be given many tools to help you at every point- from the early planning stage right through to how to deliver a powerful wrap up at the end. We will give you ideas for the different types of presentations that you might be called on to deliver.
Every presentation and every audience is different. We will give you an opportunity to give one of your presentations a ‘make-over’ receiving helpful feedback from a supportive group of colleagues, as well as the facilitators.
The group size is strictly limited to 12 participants. To ensure personal attention there are 2 trainers providing a 1:6 trainer: participant ratio for the main presentation practice.
What you'll learn
On this practical and interactive programme, you will learn about
- The three secrets of looking more professional on screen with very little effort.
- How to plan a virtual presentation efficiently and successfully
- How to manage the technical stuff and reduce distractions for yourself and your audience
- How to start and finish well.
- How to judge your verbal pace and avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’
- How to use tools and additional apps to involve your audience
- How to ‘wow’ your audience and keep their attention.
- Handling interactions and questions with confidence
- The secrets of presenting successfully to Boards
- Presentation practice and feedback