Virtual and remote working is here to stay. Many us love the opportunities and benefits of working from home, but there are challenges for managers and teams.
This full day training course covers all the fundamental skills you'll need to be a confident and effective remote manager.
How do you make sure everyone is communicating well? If you can't see your people from day to day, how will you know if someone is losing motivation? Can working remotely mean that people are passed over for advancement because nobody sees them or recognised their contribution? Technology is great and improving all the time, but can it really replace the daily friendly (or not so friendly!) interactions you would get from working together in the same place? What is the glue that keeps your team together and does it work long distance?
If you are going to manage a team you don't see, and who don't get together regularly you're going to have to:
- choose and make the best use of technology
- be really great at management fundamentals like communication, feedback and motivation
This course takes a very practical look at the main challenges of managing a remote team and offers a framework that will enable you to identify areas where your team performance can improve.
What you'll learn
- How to make sure your team and the work they do is visible to each other and the wider organisation
- How to use collaboration platforms like Slack, MSTeams,Trello and shared documents to keep your team aligned
- Building a team identity, culture and trust
- Making sure you deliver results and hold people to account
- Developing people, recognition and appreciation - how to make sure that achievements are recognised and people get the development they deserve
- Leadership - the key mindset shift needed when you don't see your team members every day