The best leaders are great at building trust and influencing others - not only the people in their team but colleagues and more senior people throughout the organisation. They are able to get other people, employees and colleagues, to do what's required and often a little bit extra. People listen to them and are enthusiastic about their projects.
This course is designed to teach you how to use influencing skills and the power of persuasion to help bring people around to your way of thinking, reducing resistance and overcoming conflict.
On this course, you will learn how the skills of powerful influencers can be turned into practical tools that you can use to gain genuine buy-in, even in the most challenging situations.
What you'll learn
- What makes a great influencer?
- Why feelings matter more than facts
- You can't influence people unless they believe you are credible.
Using stories to establish your credibility
- Making the best of your track record
- Using the right kind of language
People will not be open to new ideas until they believe that you really understand their situation.
- Powerful questions to ask
- Advanced empathy – acknowledging feelings and positive intentions
- Demonstrating the cost of doing nothing
The right solution can help overcome resistance to change
- Four tests any solution must pass
- Facing the snags and demonstrating the benefits
- The power of peer pressure
You can never tell how exactly something will work until you try
- The power of piloting and testing
- Identifying early adopters
- Strategic influencing and the continuum of commitment