Overview: For Senior Managers and Directors
The pandemic has irreversibly altered the focus of leadership, towards a more open, human style with an enhanced focus on staff wellbeing. Leadership was already moving in this direction, but COVID-19 accelerated the shift with leaders having to pivot quickly to adapt to changing operational and logistical challenges as well as urgently meeting the human needs of their workforce.
Most organisations have undergone a “reimagination” of the world of work as a consequence – and leading a hybrid workforce will obviously require a new approach. Communication, engagement and motivation are the key challenges, and this workshop will help leaders get to grips with the new skills and behaviours required, through building trust, empathy and resilience, alongside the ability to adapt and flex when needed.
Fusing the latest research from institutions such as Harvard Business School alongside interactive exercises and case studies it will be an engaging and thought-provoking day!
What you'll learn
Welcome and Introduction
Your Post-Pandemic Culture Audit
• How the pandemic has shaped leadership
• Where are you now and where do you need to be?
• Plugging the gap
Leading for Trust
• The Foundations for Trust
• Trust Building Behaviours
• The latest thinking in motivational research
• Putting it into practice
• What do millennials need from a leader?
• Case Study
Leadership presence and impact
• What are the elements of presence and impact?
• Elevating your presence in meetings, both face-to-face and virtually
• How to convey confidence
• Deconstructing viral TED talks to find the secrets of success
Managing hybrid teams
• Meeting their needs as a leader
• Managing virtual meetings
The Compassionate Leader
• The 4 key traits of a compassionate leader
• EXERCISE: Coaching in small groups
Focusing on You
• Self-awareness and self-management
• Individual commitments
Action Planning and Close