Do you know how to scrutinise and question your annual accounts with confidence?
When you sign off your accounts, are you completely sure that you've correctly understood how they were put together and the story they tell about your organisation's financial health?
Designed specifically for non-finance directors and senior managers, this course will help demystify the world of finance, giving you sound understanding of a whole range of financial concepts and skills.
It will equip you with the skills needed to assess the financial health of your organisation accurately and with confidence. By the end of the day, you will be able to evaluate business plans with confidence, question key financial information, and conduct robust boardroom discussions about your company's financial reports.
What you'll learn
- How to read financial statements and what they are saying
- Financial ratios – what's healthy; what's not
- The financial and commercial responsibilities of a director at this level
- What information is required by directors at this level
- Using financial information to make better decisions that drive the business forward
- The relationship between financial and corporate strategies
- The importance of liquidity
- The concept of financial risk; the importance of risk assessment and management.