The world we live in is filled with uncertainty and change. Even before COVID-19, the political, environmental and economic landscape was changing before our eyes. Customers are becoming more demanding; competition is getting fiercer and resources are getting ever tighter. In times like these leadership, in all sectors has never been more challenged or challenging.
Leadership needs to evolve during times of uncertainty. Leaders need to have the courage to address the many business challenges facing them every day, and to learn to leverage new competencies to be able to have an impact on desired business outcomes. Their old ways of delivering change may not work as well in the current environment. They need higher levels of self-awareness that can help enhance their ability to clearly communicate the company purpose and direction, and to drive consistency in the organisation's cultural values.
Organisations, leaders and teams that can respond quickly and effectively to this rapidly changing environment will thrive. Those which cannot, will struggle to survive.
What you'll learn
- Why most organisational change fails and the key steps which are needed to make the change succeed and be sustainable.
- The psychology of change to understand why human beings are not always rational at times of change.
- Tools to emotionally engage people in the change, whilst driving personal responsibility throughout the organisation.
- How to assemble a foundation for futuristic thinking which balances short-term goals with realistic long-term objectives.
- Ways to clearly communicate and enhance connective relationships whilst building authentic trust and loyalty.
- Steps to bring positive changes to organisational culture, which are owned by the team and are felt throughout the organisation.
- Ways to use organisational polarity and productive conflict to maximise change.
- The ability to establish a personal leadership presence and use nonverbal behaviours and micro-behaviours to define new ways of working.