"Only 4.6% of chief executives are female and fewer than a third of the UK's most influential jobs are held by women"....
This course will give you a unique opportunity to think about your leadership, personal values and career goals and how you can overcome barriers to succeed as a female leader.
We will consider what may hold you back from progression in your career - and give practical advice on how this can be tackled.
You will gain an understanding of the latest research on gender in leadership, what your own challenges are as a female leader and leave the day with insight and practical actions to empower you.
Please note we will take a break for lunch between 12.30pm and 2.00pm (1.5 hours).
What you'll learn
- Current leadership thinking and the key challenges facing women leaders today
- How gender messages have impacted on your behaviour as a leader
- Building and maintaining confidence and self belief
- The importance of enhancing your strengths and how to do it
- How to improve your resilience
- Why language matters - challenging negative messages
- Communicating with confidence and raising your profile to those who matter
- Effective networking: practical tips to build your professional network
- How to influence at a business strategy level
- Leading culture change: taking a key role in changing your organisational culture
- Work/life pressures: managing competing demands
- The top 9 senior leadership competencies and what high performance looks like