Timings: 9.30am - 4.30pm with a 15 minute break in both the morning and the afternoon and break for lunch between 12.30 and 1.30pm.
Your job as a manager is to ensure that every member of your team knows what they are expected to deliver; motivate and engage them to do even the most tedious or challenging tasks; and make sure that they have the time, knowledge, skills and other resources to do it.
Sometimes this is easy. You ask a person in your team to do something, and they just do it. Sometimes this more difficult. What if you give a team member some feedback and they get angry, defensive or upset? What if you can't motivate someone, however hard you try? What if team members bring your problems to which there is no obvious answer – like lack of resources?
This is a management training course about courageous conversations - the conversations you must have if you want to create a high performing team where people love to work.
What you'll learn
On this challenging and interactive one day programme you will learn:
- How to give feedback in a way that delivers the message and enhances the relationship
- How to set challenging goals
- How to be honest with yourself about your team's performance
- Why trust matters and four conversations to enhance it
- The surprising truth about motivation and tools to motivate and engage your people
- How to engage people more creatively in problem solving
- How to tackle underperformers in a way that produces measurable change
- Why you need courageous conversations with your high performers too
- How to develop people through coaching