Timings: 9.30am - 4.30pm with a 15 minute break in both the morning and the afternoon and break for lunch between 12.30 and 1.30pm.
Assertive people can:
- confidently express their views and ideas
- defend their point of view while respecting others
- stay calm and in control of their emotions
- say "no" when appropriate, with confidence
Assertiveness is good for you and it's good for your organisation too. Assertive people are able to bring their best ideas to work. If they spot something going wrong, they've got the confidence to ask questions. They are curious about and respectful of others. All this builds great working relationships and fosters creativity and productivity at work.
Assertiveness isn't something you're born with, you've got to learn the skills and practice them.
This course will help you explore:
- Your own rights and responsibilities
- Why people are aggressive or submissive
- How not to take others' behaviour so personally
- Barriers and helpers in being assertive