How do you manage a person or team effectively when you don't physically see them often?
This session will allow you to think about how the dynamic of a team changes when people don't sit in the same physical space.
How do you as a leader manage this, keep people resilient and productive and support a strong sense of team in a time of uncertainty?
There will be practical advice on adapting your communication style to keep the team highly motivated and keep the team focused.
This course takes a very practical look at the main challenges of managing a remote team and offers a framework that will enable you to identify areas where you and your team’s performance can improve.
What you'll learn
- How to develop a self-managing team where trust is high
- Strategic choices - how to position, plan and prepare so you can manage your team remotely using the right styles
- What does the new normal mean for you and your team’s culture -what do you retain and what do you develop
- The three types of distance that occur in remote teams
- What drives performance, motivation and how to actively listen and hold people to account
- How to keep remote meetings engaging and ensure your feedback loop is effective