It's tough being a middle manager. You are the key link between your organisation's strategy and the realities of delivering a consistently good day-to-day service to your organisation's customers and stakeholders. Expectations and demands are rising while resources are diminishing.
While building on your existing experience, this highly interactive two-day course is designed to refocus your attention on what really matters as a manager, equip you with some practical tools to deliver a great job, and give you a motivational boost.
We will have a 15 minute break in both the morning and the afternoon and break for lunch between 12.30 and 1.30 on both days.
What you'll learn
Get the best from your team:
- Give clear honest, feedback that enhances trust and respect
- Make sure people commit to doing the right things
- Manage habits – other people's and your own
- Ensure your people are completely clear what is expected of them
- Develop a reputation as a great manager who is tough but fair
- Make sure that your team is working in line with your organisation's purpose, vision, strategy and values
Influence and motivate others:
- Build trust - fast
- Manage your boss
- Be honest with yourself about how your team is performing
- Ask people to do things in a more motivational way
- Engage and challenge your high performers
Increase your personal productivity:
- Organise your own personal workload
- Schedule and commit to important-but-not-urgent tasks
- Spend less time dealing with emails
Enhance your personal credibility:
- Communicate powerfully and effectively
- Say no with confidence
- Defuse conflict
- Be more personally resilient in the face of challenges and setbacks
Solve problems and deliver results through others:
- Structure highly effective team and one-to-one meetings
- Get meetings off to a good start
- Become a highly effective problem solver
- Discover more creative solutions
- Help people through major organisational changes
- Develop your team's skills and motivation through coaching
Who is it for?
Anyone in a middle management role who wants to invigorate their whole approach to management.
The course is particularly useful for people who:
- Are new to the role and want to learn some powerful management techniques, fast.
- Experienced middle managers who have not had any formal development recently and may be using out-of-date techniques, such as the Feedback Sandwich or SMART goals.