Improve your performance as a manager
It's not easy being a middle manager. Your job is to translate your organisation's overall vision and strategy into day-to-day actions that deliver results.
Middle managers are often promoted on the basis of their technical skills. They can be thrown into roles where expectations are high but there's little clarity on exactly what they must do to meet them.
This intensive one-day course is designed to help you understand what it means to be an outstanding middle manager. More importantly, you'll learn the skills to be one.
What you'll learn
How to manage and motivate your team
- How to use the power of feedback to keep your team on track
- How to make sure your team know exactly what you expect of them
- How to be tough but fair
- How to get the right balance between micro-management and abdication
- How to assess your team's performance - do your people pass the keeper test?
- How to energise and motivate your teamHow to be strategic
Understanding your organisation's purpose, vision, strategy and values
- The three most important ways to communicate vision and values
- Five questions you must ask your boss
- How to give your boss the feedback they need
How to manage yourself
- Why trust matters and how to build it
- Your most precious personal resource and how to manage it
- How to tame the email beast
- How to negotiate your workload and say no when you have to
- How to get the best out of meetings
- How to deal with pressure and stress
- Are you the role model you want to be?
Practical problem solving
- How to gain new perspectives on a current business challenge
- Practical problem solving session where you can commit to take action on a real challenge you are facing at work