You’ve got a winning strategy, and the right people in the right roles, so why aren’t you getting outstanding results? If performance isn’t meeting your expectations it could be that your culture doesn’t foster high performance teams and individuals.
As we emerge from this period of rapid and unplanned change, many organisations are finding that their efforts to build a great culture have stalled. Teams feel disconnected. There's less clarity around the organisations purpose. People are surviving instead of developing and thriving.
A strong culture, where people feel connected to the strategy and values of the organisation, and where everyone is engaged and giving their best efforts doesn’t happen by accident. It requires a clear understanding of what a high performance culture looks like and the practical steps needed to get there.
This practical workshop style course will help you articulate your vision and mission so that you can communicate the urgency of your purpose to everyone in the organisation. You'll learn how to help your managers and frontline staff rediscover their connection to their teams, the people you serve and your organisation.
What you'll learn
- What are the essential ingredients of a high performance culture?
- What role do leaders at all levels play in creating or sustaining a high performance culture?
- Easy, workable ways to recreate a sense of belonging and common purpose
- Why values are important and how to communicate your personal and organisational values
- How to have great conversations about performance
- Why dealing constructively with conflict is important if you want exceptional performance
- How to adapt the best ideas to your own organization or team’s culture