The combination of attending a leadership training course and reading some incredibly useful books means your leaders will be top performers in no time at all.
A leadership course is an essential way to prepare a member of staff for their role, enabling them to feel confident in whatever situation they might face. An effective training course will offer practical skills and guidance on what to do in common situations. If a leader is trained well, they will become a key asset and can do great things for your company.
As well as attending a leadership course, there are a plethora of books and resources available. The workplace is changing and reading the latest developments and expert knowledge about how to be a leader in the 21st century can offer valuable insight and information for those developing their careers.
We've selected some of our most effective training courses and recommended books which can help your leaders to succeed in their role. Allow them to feel empowered in the workplace and achieve the very best results with these handy tools.
Leadership Courses To Empower Your Staff
Leadership comes in many different forms. A person leading a small team in the charity sector will require different skills to someone managing a large, remote team. As such, there are a variety of leadership courses available. No staff member wants to be bombarded with too much information and attend training every week, which is why it's important to be selective when it comes to choosing training courses.
- New Mangager Bootcamp: This course is ideal for those who have a team they need to motivate and engage. It focusses on the fundamental techniques every manager needs to communicate, delegate and motivate their teams.
- Managing People: A recent study found that developing employees was one of the most frequent challenges that leaders face in the workplace. Leaders need practical advice on exactly what to say and do when managing people. This can include what not to say and how to build trust with employees.
- Seriously Excellent Management - 3 day course - This in depth course covers all aspects of management. With lots of time for practice and reflection on how you will apply the learning to your own management challenges, you'll come away with an excellent understanding of how to manage in a range of challenging situations.
Here at The Hub Events, we recognise that every team and workplace is unique and different. Our aim is to cater for every type of leader, no matter where they work and what their role entails. When deciding on the best leadership and management training, find whichever one works best for you and your team.
Recommended Leadership Books
After a training course, new skills and knowledge can be put into practice. However, reading articles and books with the latest insight and additional information about being a leader can also be massively helpful for a leader.
Here are some of the books recommended by Larry Reynolds, who leads our Experienced Manager Bootcamp course. Follow all of the authors on Twitter for up-to-date news and articles about their work and take on board their expert advice for leadership.
- The Advantage: Why Organisational Health Trumps Everything Else – Patrick Lencioni @patricklencioni
- The Blunders of our Government – Anthony King and Ivor Crewe
- Built to Last – Jerry Porras and Jim Collins
- Drive – Dan Pink, @DanielPink
- How to be a Productivity Ninja – Graham Allcott - @grahamallcott
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg @cduhigg
- The Truth about Leadership - Jim Kouzes @Jim_Kouzes and Barry Posner
With effective training and some excellent leadership books to read, your company will have the best leaders in no time at all.