The New Manager Bootcamp is an intensive, one day course to equip you with the practical skills and confidence you need to succeed as a first time manager.
Participants will work with other new managers to share experiences and learn new skills and techniques to help you make a success of your first management role.
We will have a 15 minute break in both the morning and the afternoon and break for lunch between 12.30 and 1.30.
What you'll learn
Practical tools for the new manager:
- How to give feedback in an authentic and honest way
- How to set clear goals and objectives for team members
- Five things you must cover when you delegate – and one thing you must not!
- How to challenge your team to deliver more and enjoy doing it
- How to engage and motivate your team
- The three most important motivators for most people
- Using the skill/will approach to focus your attention
Making the psychological shift:
- Understanding the psychology of change
- What it means to be authentic - how to be a leader and still be you
- Six practical tips for keeping cool when the pressure is on
- What leadership is and isn't – three things you don't have to do
Common challenges and how to deal with them:
- How to deal with team members who think they should have got your job
- How to manage Gen Y team members
- How to manage team members who are older and more experienced than you
- How to deal with unacceptably poor performance
- How to manage your boss
Problem solving and next steps:
- A chance to gain insights into any current problems you are facing with the role
- Committing yourself to the three things you must do this week