Does success in your role require you to be a problem-solver or an initiative-taker. Are you judged on your ability to galvanise your colleagues and focus them on changes that add value?
Do you want to become the person who gets entrusted with the most exciting assignments in whatever job or business you are in?
Drawing on globally recognised project principles, this programme will teach you the practical skills used by all successful project managers to scope, plan and deliver high quality results, no matter what the challenges.
What you'll learn
How to structure a great project
- Essential project roles and how they relate to one another
- A sequence for success – the waterfall approach to projects
How to define your desired outcome
- Zeroing in on the end user and identifying stakeholder relationships
- Six great questions that will bring your project alive
- Pre-launch checks that will set you up for success
How to develop a robust project plan
- Team Planning™ - Ten steps to taming complexity
- Identifying, planning for and managing risks
How to manage successful delivery
- Managing multiple projects alongside a busy day job.
- Tricks for maintaining team energy and focus throughout the project lifecycle
- The essential ingredients of a successful launch
How to maximise the benefits of your projects
- Capturing and communicating project learning
- Measuring the success of your initiatives
- Building your profile through projects
Who is it for?
This programme is ideal for people about to begin their first project or those who have been running projects for a while but not had any formal training.
The likelihood is that you are running multiple projects or have been given a longer-term initiative to deliver alongside your day job. In most instances this will mean coordinating the activity of people outside your team – some more senior than you – which places a premium on your influencing skills.
It will give you the practical skills to ensure that any resources (people, time, money) you are given will be put to good use in achieving a worthwhile objective