"Starting today, you can be significantly more effective as a manager — and enjoy your job more — by engaging in regular coaching conversations with your team members. " - Harvard Business Review.
Coaching is not an optional extra, it's an essential skill for leadership. You don't need to schedule special time in to coach people; instead coaching skills can be built in your day-to-day management conversations. They will enable you to develop your teams' skills, judgement and confidence.
Coaching is a powerful way to:
- enable your team to find solutions rather than bring you problems
- help your team learn from every challenge so they become more confident and self-reliant
- dramatically improve performance
- reignite your teams' enthusiasm (and your own)
- use everyday conversations to help others gain insights into how they can improve
- break the endless cycle of trouble shooting and firefighting
- experience the rewards of seeing your team members grow and thrive
We will introduce a coaching model to provide a framework for you to develop a coaching approach. Using a real coaching issue, participants will use a structure to help them practice how to use coaching. Using validated models, the day will give you practical skills you can use immediately in your workplace. You will leave the day with a clear action plan on how to utilise your learning within your organisation.