Next Generation Leadership: 2 day course
An intensive two day personal development programme.
This event has been rated by 7 delegates.
|Wed 16 Oct 2013 - Thu 17 Oct 2013||
Aldersgate House, 135-137 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4JATelephone
0207 776 4794
Located next door to Barbican tube station.
Exit Barbican tube station and turn right. Barbican CCT Venues is located next door but 1 to the tube station, on the corner of the road. Download full details here.
There is an NCP car park minutes away on Aldersgate Street near the Museum of London roundabout, which charges 3.50 per hour or 21 for a full day.
*Two delegates £765.00 per delegate.
Are you sure that your leadership philosophy is fit for purpose? Do you have the attitudes, skills and knowledge to engage with the today's leadership challenges? The lessons you have learnt about leadership in the past may be irrelevant or wrong now.
This intensive two day course provides you with an opportunity to stand back from the hurly burly of everyday working life: to review both the challenges facing your organization and your approach to tackling them as a leader. You'll leave the course with a far greater understanding of what leadership means, as well as a clear idea of what you need to continue doing and what you need to change.
With challenging and informative input from Larry Reynolds, and a huge amount of interaction with other course participants, this may be one of the most challenging events you've ever attended, and one of the most beneficial.
What you'll learn
- How the internet and social media is changing the rules of the game
- Practical tips for engaging with social media
- How education, health and other public services are now in a competitive environment too
- How to respond to rising customer expectations
- The unstoppable rise of flexible working
- Baby boomers, Gen X, Gen Y and what it means for leadership
- Practical tools for recruiting, retaining and developing Gen Y
- Changing attitudes in society towards organisations, business and leadership
- What are organizations for?
- Why the credit crunch happened
- How to thrive in the coming years of austerity
- What global competition means
- What's happening in China, India and Europe
- What sustainability means for you as a leader
- Why leaders must be authentic
- What is means to be authentic
- What kind of leader are you right now?
- What do you do as a leader – and what do you fail to do?
- What do you believe?
- What kind of leader do you want to be?
- Why leaders must challenge more than ever before
- Challenging systems – what you must do and why
- Challenging people – how to give powerful feedback
- Articulating your vision – why vision is so important, what it means to have a vision, how to discover it
- How to communicate your vision in an engaging way
- How to structure powerful communication
- Six powerful tools from the psychology of influence
- Knowing when to manage and when to lead
Who is it for?
Senior managers in the private and public sector who want to grow as leaders, and who are prepared to be honest with themselves and others about how to do this.
Your facilitatorLarry Reynolds
Larry Reynolds is managing partner of 21st Century Leader, a specialist change consultancy. He has developed the skills of change leaders in both the private and public sector – recently clients include the Co-operative Group, Sheffield Hallam University and Hampshire County Council. Larry leads a number of courses for The Hub Events and is extremely popular.
Really good session, well organised, great venue. Good content that is usable and easy to take away to implement. Really inspiring facilitator. Good content and constructive feedback provided in all exercises. 2 day format is more challenging but worthwhile.
Very good - a great environment to think and to share ideas. All of it was useful and good to meet other like minded delegates.
Excellent course. Though provoking and challenging. Very personable trainer, supportive approach.
Very good. Good mixture of topics; flowed well and all very useful. Carry on with what you do and how you do it - excellent!
Very good. Well presented and delivered. Really engaging and good insights. Excellent trainer and very engaging delivery.