A lot of talented leaders and potential leaders are uncomfortable in the limelight. If you are one of them, how can you manage your preference to stay under the radar while developing a successful career and reaching your full potential?
This course will help you understand the strengths and potential drawbacks of your natural preferences, so you can use them to your advantage.
What you'll learn
On this practical and interactive one day programme you will learn techniques to help you in situations that commonly cause anxiety:
- Ways to introduce yourself to create a confident impression
- Four ways to participate effectively and raise your profile in meetings without being the subject expert
- A simple four step structure to help you explain your opinion clearly to others
- Dealing with difficult questions
- A handy technique for responding assertively to verbal challenges
- A simple tool that you can use to put your suggestions over in a way that will sell them to your audience
- Sounding and looking confident in public situations – verbal and physical techniques
- Knowing your choices, building flexibility and being in control of your responses
- Strategies for ‘cocktail party' type events
- 7 simple techniques to build a strong professional network
Who is it for?
The course will suit participants at all levels who:
- don't feel they do themselves justice in meetings or group situations
- have taken up a role that require them to put forward ideas in meetings composed of anything from 6 to 100 participants
- feel their ideas and contribution can get overlooked and realise they will need to raise their profile to improve their career prospects