This is a highly interactive day for directors who have already attended Day 1 and would like to spend more time increasing their financial literacy by interpreting and analysing financial statements. At the end of this day they will understand:
- How to use vertical and horizontal analysis of balance sheets and profit and loss accounts to help interpret financial performance
- The key areas to watch when monitoring performance
- Red flags and danger signals
- How to interpret ratios for different companies in different sectors
- How to spot patterns which indicate potential problems ahead
At the end of the day delegates will feel more confident at reading their own financial statements and spotting any potential signs for exploiting growth and/or any indicators of problems ahead. They will also feel equipped to ask critical questions during board room discussions and to be able to contribute meaningfully to debates around key numbers.