With a platform that evolves at eye-popping speed, rolling out new features and algorithm updates on a near daily basis, keeping on top of what works today is increasingly challenging, especially when Facebook is just one of your many responsibilities.
Fast track the very latest insight and best practice into Facebook marketing from one of the UK's leading Facebook Marketing experts, Marie Page.
Suitable for all organisations, we'll explore masses of content ideas throughout the day which you can adapt and use in your own sector. Even if you are an old hand at Facebook marketing there will be plenty of new approaches covered to inspire and inform further innovation on the platform in this digital marketing workshop.
What you'll learn
As well as the very latest new releases from Facebook (of course right now we don't even know what they will be), this advanced one-day digital marketing workshop will cover:
Mastering the Facebook News Feed algorithm:
- Some Pages see reach as low as 2% of fans – why is this and what can you do about it?
- What is the Relevancy Score and what can you do to increase yours?
- Different content types – why some content types fly and others nosedive
- How to avoid using “trigger words” that result in algorithm penalties
- How to drive up engagement
- Using Reactions creatively without begging for Likes and Shares
- When and how you should pay to boost a post for maximum effect
Getting the basics right:
- Getting grey or blue tick verified
- Facebook's new Post Options explained: how to choose content types that will get you most visibility
- Names, categories, about text best practice
- Should you use text on your cover image and if so, how?
- Turning your cover image into a data capture device
- Image size best practice for 2017 – and where many Pages get it wrong
- Discovering the best time of day to post for your Page
- Building fan numbers and converting them to customers
- Using hashtags well
- Setting up a Shop and Services section on your Page (even if you have nothing to sell)
Engaging on Facebook:
- Facebook Groups – your secret weapon for community building and engagement (includes three diverse case studies)
- Using Facebook Messenger for customer service – what's possible now and what's on the horizon?
- The home page call to action button – which is the most effective for you?
- Getting competitions right: get this wrong and you could be in Facebook Jail!
- Getting creative (and cracking reach) with under-utilised content types such as Offers and Events including hacks for organisations that don't sell stuff and don't have events!
- Ideas for increasing fan numbers without resorting to Page Like ads
Creating content for Facebook:
- Ideas for devising new content without the stress – we guarantee you will leave this course with masses of inspiration (and motivation) for new content
- Developing user-generated content and how to repurpose that in other communications for maximum effect
- Best practice for those posts when you do need to sell
- Tricks and tips for effective copywriting
- Facebook video - why use native video instead of YouTube
- Getting serious about video with Facebook Live, playlists, optimisation and more
- Using photographs well even on zero budget
- Image size best practice
- Apps and software to help you manage your Page: Power Editor, the Pages Manager App, Sprout Social, Agora Pulse, Hootsuite, Buffer, Canva and more
- A live guide to Facebook Insights (Facebook's analytics tool)
- Live clinic – looking at your Facebook Page – what can you do to improve?