We're often thrown into taking minutes without any training or experience, which can be nerve-wracking and stressful. This interactive course unpacks the skills needed to take and write up effective minutes combining trainer input with small-group practical sessions and plenty of opportunities to practise throughout the day. A course which makes a potentially dry topic fun!
What you'll learn
On this one day programme you'll learn to:
- Prepare effectively for minute-taking
- Use the correct language and grammar for minute-taking
- Develop criteria for what to leave in or take out of minutes
- Identify the differences between formal minutes and informal notes and know when each should be used
- Lay out minutes simply and effectively
- Clarify the role of the minute-taker
- Clarify the role of the Chair and the importance of working with them to achieve good minutes
- Maintain concentration and listening in long (and possibly boring) meetings
- Use easy techniques for note-taking
- Integrate a variety of phrases into your minutes
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who takes either formal or informal minutes in any context. It covers the basics, so is particularly suitable for those who have little or no experience or for those with more experience who want to increase their confidence and hone their skills